Aeon is the new premium limited-edition series from Wusthof. Combining 3,249-year-old bog oak timber with a high-tech Diamond-like Carbon (DLC) coating to create a knife that is a design object, hard-wearing tool and a record of history at the same time, this series forges a bridge from the Iron Age to the present day.
As a contrast to the centuries-old oak, a highly advanced technique is used for the blade – a technique that is principally used in space travel, motorsport and medicine. The black surface (amorphous carbon) is created by transforming steel using a hot carbon and hydrogen gas, ensuring incredible strength and durability.
With a Diamond-Like Carbon Coating, the surface strength almost doubles from 54° to 104° HRC without the knife steel becoming brittle, and strong temperatures and corrosion can’t harm the blade. It further results in a black-looking blade, but also a particularly high level of resistance to scratching and a reduction in sliding resistance at the same time.
Old as Earth. Beautiful as Heaven. Sharp as Hell.
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Limited edition of 1500 - only 95 x Santoku Knife in Australia.
- Blades are coated with DLC (diamond-like coating)
- The black surface (amorphous carbon) is created by transforming steel using a hot carbon and hydrogen gas, ensuring incredible strength and durability.
- DLC coating almost doubles the surface strength from 54° to 104° HRC without the knife steel becoming brittle.
- Handle is made from bog oak
- Can be used for cabbage, dry or semi-dry sausage, fish, fruit, head of lettuce, herbs, meat, and vegetables
- Types of use include chopping, cutting, and mincing
- Hand wash recommended
- Each knife will come gift boxed with a numbered authenticity card and a blade care cloth.
Blade Length: 17cm.
Please ensure you read the care and use instructions that come with the product prior to using it.
|Unit Of Measure
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Knives Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.